Samsung Electronics today unveiled its 2023 TV lineup of Neo QLED 8K, Samsung OLED, sound devices and monitors at its Unbox & Discover virtual livestream, showcasing the latest innovations in smart connectivity, sustainability initiatives, premium viewing, and gaming experiences. This year’s lineup focuses on enhancing the user experience by making complex technologies more intuitive and seamlessly integrated into people’s lives, while delivering impeccable picture and sound quality consumers expect from Samsung screens.
Vice Chairman Jong-Hee (JH) Han underscores Samsung’s commitment to calm tech and sustainability initiatives at Unbox & Discover 2023
“At Samsung, we understand that technology should empower and enhance people’s lives, not complicate them,” said Jong-Hee (JH) Han, Vice Chairman, CEO and Head of DX (Device eXperience) Division at Samsung Electronics. “By choosing Samsung, consumers can expect to experience an unparalleled level of wow factors, all while participating in eco-conscious practices for a sustainable future.”
1 – Solutions for Your Tailormade Life: Five Foundations of SmartThings
In his opening remarks, JH Han underscored the company’s commitment to calm tech and innovation, providing consumers with the latest technologies that make life better. In particular, he introduced five core foundations of SmartThings, which aims to provide increased convenience when setting up their smart homes.
• Instant Connection: SmartThings enables users to easily connect their devices in just one step, allowing them to enjoy the synergy created by Samsung devices more easily.
• Automated Connection: SmartThings automatically connects devices, like TVs or smartphones, with other Samsung devices such as the air conditioner, dryer, refrigerator, and washer, eliminating the need for manual setup.
• Hub Everywhere: The IoT hub is built into various Samsung products, including Samsung Smart TVs, making IoT setup a breeze.
• Expansive Compatibility: SmartThings goes beyond just the Samsung ecosystem, enabling devices from any brand to work seamlessly together thanks to the Home Connectivity Alliance and the international IoT communication standard, MATTER.
• Security: With CC EAL 6+ certification, the new Samsung Knox Vault hardware chip encrypts all information from connected devices, ensuring the highest level of security and offering peace of mind for users.
Understanding consumers have diverse technology ecosystems in their homes, Samsung helped form the Home Connectivity Alliance so all users’ favorite devices can work together regardless of brand. And in the name of true connectivity, Samsung is also paving the way for smarter homes with support for MATTER, an international IoT communication standard with more than 220 global companies involved.
Thanks to this collaborative mindset and these five foundations, users can build a network of connected devices that makes their home smarter and their lives easier.
2 – Putting People and Planet at the Center: Everyday Sustainability and Relumino
Samsung is committed to delivering innovative calm tech and eco-conscious practices that make life easier and better for its users. At every stage of the product lifecycle, from product sourcing to production, distribution, use and recycling, Samsung puts sustainability first, utilizing various technologies to create sustainable products that contribute to building a healthier planet for future generations.
• Samsung is leading the way with three innovative approaches to sustainability: Turning CO2 into recycled materials, using fewer materials, and upcycling products and packaging. Samsung’s 2023 TVs, monitors, and remote controls use recycled resin made of at least 50% recycled materials. In addition, Samsung has made significant efforts to ensure it is offering sustainable packaging from the box to all the wrapping inside.
• Samsung has also developed AI Energy Mode that helps users monitor energy consumption and usage patterns, putting them in control of themselves. AI Energy Mode feature even analyzes the content playing on the screen to reduce power consumption without distracting from the content.
• Samsung’s third generations SolarCell Remote uses fewer materials and is more compact. It is also free of licensing, allowing any manufacturer to join Samsung on the journey in making the world a more eco-conscious place.
Samsung also underscored its commitment to creating a better, more inclusive viewing experience for all with its latest Relumino mode. Relumino mode is designed to help people with visual impairments watch content more easily and has been awarded with the 2023 CES Innovation Award.
By choosing Samsung, users can enjoy cutting-edge technology while taking part in sustainable and inclusive practices that align with core values of ESG.
3 – More Choice with Premium Screens: Neo QLED 8K and Samsung OLED
At Unbox & Discover 2023, Samsung unveiled products and features designed to delivering innovative 8K experiences. The QN900C sits at the top of Samsung’s premium Neo QLED 8K lineup and is a standout model in the premium TV category. With groundbreaking technologies like Auto HDR Remastering and 8K AI upscaling, the QN900C is impressing industry experts and reviewers alike. Outlets such as TechRadar even commented: “There were many moments while viewing when I silently uttered ‘wow,’ and that’s certainly not something I find myself doing with every TV I test.”
From true-to-life picture quality to immersive audio, Samsung has once again set the bar high with its Neo QLED 8K. The company also added a 98-inch model to its Neo QLED 8K lineup, providing immaculate color reproduction and lifelike level of details in a scale that offers true cinematic experience. It offers upgraded sound with Dolby Atmos and Q-Symphony 3.0 to further envelope viewers in every single scene.
Additionally, Samsung spoke to its efforts in expanding the 8K ecosystem by working closely with various partners, including the 8K Association. Together, Samsung is introducing more ways to enjoy native 8K content than ever before.
Samsung also highlighted its 2023 Samsung OLED lineup, which offers immaculate color accuracy through Neural Quantum Processor 4K’s perceptional color mapping – making Samsung OLED the “World’s First Pantone-Validated HDR OLED.”
In fact, Samsung OLED boasts true blacks and stunningly natural pictures with perfect contrast and color expression. The S95C features Samsung’s signature Infinity One design, and the LaserSlim design of the S90C model add a touch of sophisticated metal finish.
4 – Putting Gaming at the Forefront with Gaming TVs and Monitors
Premium screens, from Neo QLED 8K to OLED and beyond, not only bring video and photo content to life in ultra-high resolution but can also bring screen experiences like gaming to a whole new level. Gaming on a 98-inch Neo QLED 8K provides an incomparable level of immersive gameplay, from the large screen to high-performance graphic cards that support 8K resolution at fast pace.
For 2023, Samsung unveiled the Odyssey Neo G9, the world’s first dual UHD resolution monitor, and the Odyssey Ark, a 55-inch curved screen with a powerful sound system and multitasking capabilities. The new 2023 Odyssey models will be available in 2H in 57-inch Odyssey Neo G9 and the 49-inch Odyssey OLED G9, providing unrivaled picture quality and user experience.
Incorporating valuable feedback from thousands of gamers, Samsung also upgraded its all-in-one gaming platform, the Gaming Hub. The platform now includes partnerships with Amazon Luna, NVIDIA GeForce NOW, Utomik and Xbox, allowing gamers to play their favorite titles at high performance speed directly from the cloud without a console or PC.
In addition to its advanced features for viewing experiences, the 2023 lineup also offers gamer-centric features such as Game Bar, which places gamer controls front and center, along with Mini Map Zoom and Virtual Aim Point, which can make all the difference between winning and losing in competitive gameplay.
If you weren’t able to catch the event live, you can watch the replay of the Unbox & Discover event in its entirety at Samsung Youtube. Stay tuned to find out more on our launch updates at Samsung Malaysia Newsroom. We have exciting news to WOW you on 18 April 2023!
To learn more about this year’s TV and monitor lineup, please visit https://www.samsung.com/my/offer/unbox-discover-2023.